2 August 2012

Tuna Pasta Bake

Well hello lovely blog readers!  I'm ever so sorry it has been a while since I posted a new recipe!  What can I say, I've been incredibly busy with uni and work and trying to have a life :)  I've still been cooking and such, but not really any new recipes until tonight! 

I've had this little baby tucked away in the back of my recipe book, in the 'to try' pile, and finally tonight, I did!  It was very easy, and I felt like it was *almost* made from scratch so probably better for you?  But I think the cheese might ruin that theory haha!

INGREDIENTS
230g dry pasta shells (I used a mixture of different ones)
1 small red capsicum (not in season & too expensive right now, so I didn't put this in)
1 can (305g) condensed cream of mushroom soup
2 tsp dried parsley flakes (or fresh if you have it!)
1 cup milk
pinch of chilli powder (optional)
1 can (170g) tuna in springwater, drained and flaked
1 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
1 cup grated cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 onion, finely chopped

METHOD
  • Preheat oven to 220 deg C (and butter an ovenproof casserole dish - I forgot to do this...  it didn't stick though, so it's ok)
  • Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat
  • Add pasta, stir and cook until it's about 2 minutes before being done
  • Drain pasta and set aside
  • In the same pan, whisk mushroom soup and milk together
  • Bring to a simmer over a low heat
  • Stir in tuna, corn, onion, capsicum, parsley, chilli powder, and half of the cheese
  • Add the cooked pasta and stir
  • Season with salt and pepper
  • Spread the mixture in the casserole dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese
  • Bake for about 30 mins, or until the top is golden brown



I have an admission to make.  I *may* have burnt the top.  Kind of.  Well cooked.  It was very brown.  BUT still delicious!!  I don't normally like mushrooms, either as a vege or a flavour, but it worked, and it wasn't over powering.  The cheese and milk helped water down the flavour, and of course, pasta was nom nom nom as always.



Definitely will make it again!!!

Recipe Inspiration: http://www.ivillage.com/tuna-and-pasta-bake/3-r-63970#ixzz1oCUrJvwy

No comments:

Post a Comment