Normally we can take lemons down to a local place who give us cordial, lemon curd and such in return, but this time I want to make something with it. Right now I already have a Lemon Yoghurt Loaf in the oven, sans blueberries, using up some lemon. But I still had tonnes left over.
I always saw the stereotypical little lemonade stand selling cups of lemonade for 50c in movies and things, and wondered, surely it must be easy to make the stuff? So I did!
1 cup sugar (can reduce to 3/4 cup if you don't want it as sweet)
1 cup water (for sugar syrup)
1 cup lemon juice
3 to 4 cups cold water (to dilute)
- Combine sugar and 1 cup water in a small saucepan
- Stir over medium high heat until sugar dissolves
- Set aside to cool
- Juice the lemons (between 4 and 6 to make 1 cup of juice)
- Combine lemons with cooled sugar syrup
- Pour into a juice jug (or whatever you want to use)
- Add the extra water to dilute
- Chill (the juice AND you, cos you're done!)
See what I mean?! So freaking easy. I have learned one thing though. It's REALLY hard to take a nice photo of a drink.
As for taste, well I added only 3 cups water to dilute, and it was super strong. But really, really, REALLY nice. I love it. I can't wait to make more of it for summer! :D
Recipe Inspiration : http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/perfect_lemonade/