11 December 2013

Piping Adventures!

This post isn't a recipe as such, but more a sharing of my experience!  Didn't want to post two blogs in one day after such a long time without writing - some of you might die of shock haha.  But I did in fact do this yesterday, before I made the burger patties. 

I have never piped icing.  I have never creatively iced anything in my life.  I tend to slap it on, because who cares how it looks, as long as it tastes good.  

I made some lemon poppyseed muffins using Christmas paper things (what are those even called?!  Cups?  Cupcake papers?  Something like that.) and they didn't rise very high, so I decided to ice them, and piping seemed the neatest way of achieving the look I desired.

Now, don't forget, I work for a catering company, I have seen how to pipe, and how to make piping look nice.  Let's just take a moment to appreciate that it is harder than it looks.  Thomas & Daryl are pros at it, they make it look so easy!

I call this a funnecessary activity.  It was fun, but entirely unnecessary really.  I had fun doing it, but they looked terrible in the finish, but I don't even care because they weren't half as messy as they could have been, had I slapped it on in the haphazard fashion I usually prefer.

Anyway, here are some of the photos, courtesy of my Mum for taking them while I was giggling and trying not to make a mess.  Also, please excuse my attire, as I had worked out in the morning and spent the rest of the day doing chores and such like so hadn't had a shower yet haha... too busy baking and having fun!



 
Being silly with the leftover icing :D




Pretty proud of my first attempt.  They might look crappy, but mostly because I had some gaps that I then filled :D

No comments:

Post a Comment