3 March 2012

Double Chocolate Fudge Brownies

In honour of my mum's birthday yesterday, and also because I finally found the recipe I used to use all the time, I made some brownie muffins.  Really, it's just brownies, but instead of a big lump of brownie to be cut up, I make them in muffin tins because it's easier to deal with!  I love having the portion controlled for me in a muffin size! :D  

Argh why is this picture coming out sideways?  Does anyone know how to fix this?  Leave a comment if you do!


I LOVE this recipe, because it's super easy to make, and the brownies are always hugely chocolatey, and dense and moist and *drools* ok, so we get the picture, I love them.  However, they aren't the healthiest, this recipe uses heaps of butter and eggs and sugar, but oh my, it's totally worth it!  And if you wanted to kick it up a notch in the heart-attack stakes, serve it warm, with vanilla ice cream and some chocolate sauce, and you've got an amazing dessert right there!  Seriously, it's like mud cake.  

I can't rave enough about this recipe, you all just have to try it.

INGREDIENTS
250g butter
1 & 1/2 cups castor sugar
1 & 1/4 cups plain flour
1/8 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup good dark cocoa
4 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (I used vanilla essence, but this is optional)
chocolate buttons/chips/berries to top

METHOD

  • Preheat oven to 180 deg C (fan forced)
  • Place butter and sugar in a microwave safe jug, cover and microwave for 3 mins (800 watts).  Sugar should not completely dissolve
  • Meanwhile, sift flour, baking powder and cocoa into a large bowl
  • Make a well in the centre and add eggs and vanilla
  • Pour in the butter mixture and gently mix until well combined, but do not over-mix (lumpy is good!)
  • [EDIT] Put into square (or round) flat silicone dish - just found out that it makes them even better than in muffin tin omg.
  • Place chocolate buttons/chips/berries on the top of mixture
  • Bake for 20ish mins until just firm.  Stab with a toothpick - when it comes out clean, they're ready!
  • Allow to cool for 10 mins before removing from the dish

INDULGE.

Seriously my favourite brownie recipe ever.  (Thank you, Tupperware... haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment