But now I'm on study leave, which gives me a little flexibility to do stuff like this, so here is today's lunch!
1 cup milk
1/2 cup self raising flour
|Before being cooked|
1/2 cup cheese (grated)
1 fried onion
Ham or cooked bacon
Veges - I used grated carrot and seasonal asparagus
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C
- Whisk eggs, milk, flour and seasoning together
- Add everything else to the mix
- Spread in a silicone quiche/flan dish (silicone makes it so much easier to remove at the end)
- Bake for 45 mins, until gold on top and puffed up
- Let sit for a couple of minutes (to make it even easier to remove from silicone)
- Cut up and serve hot, or cold, with relish and sour cream (optional, but delicious)
So this was a super easy recipe to make, and my mum loved it. I'm not a super egg fan myself (as I probably said when I wrote about the crustless broccoli quiches I made back when I began this blog!) but it was pretty nice. Would be great for lunches too.
Shout out to Jeremy, one of my best friends, who I've known since we were 7. This was his recipe/idea.
Recipe Inspiration: http://www.grownups.co.nz/read/lifestyle/food_and_wine/crustless-quiche-recipie