1 November 2012

Banana Sultana Loaf

Trying my best to do more new recipes now that uni is not so demanding!  Here is one I did today.  I picked it out of one of my mum's old recipe books, because we had some manky looking (aka very ripe!) bananas to use up, and I didn't feel like making icing for a cake, or muffins, and we didn't have any oats to make my usual banana oatmeal muffins!

One problem I had with this recipe is that it was all in weight measurements, as opposed to cups and tablespoons/teaspoons and that was a bit of a pain.  Luckily we had scales :)

INGREDIENTS
90g butter
1 large egg
1/4 tsp baking soda
60g sultanas
125g sugar
220g flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 ripe bananas

METHOD
  • Preheat oven to 180 deg C
  • Cream butter and sugar
  • Add egg and mix well
  • Add in sifted dry ingredients
  • Add in mashed bananas and sultanas
  • Pour into a greased (or silicone) loaf tin
  • Bake for 50 mins
  • Serve warm with butter
 This was a pretty easy recipe, aside from all the measurements!  Came out a bit dry, then realised it was in a part of the recipe book that said it was part of the 'buttered sweet' section haha so best to serve it with butter!!  It tastes great too! :)


Recipe Inspiration: Rally Cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment