15 February 2012

Lemon Poppyseed Muffins, Take 2

So after the somewhat disappointing results of my last lemon poppyseed muffin attempt a few blog posts ago (disappointing to me - it just wasn't lemony enough for my taste), I was on the lookout for a different lemon poppyseed muffin recipe to try, preferably using MORE lemon juice (and optional on the zest, since I don't like zest). 

Cue our family friend Cathryn and her own favourite lemon poppyseed muffin recipe!  :)  This is one she makes for her sons, using fresh lemons from her tree.  Today I gave it a go myself, because I needed to make something to take with me to a lunch tomorrow. 

This recipe makes A LOT of mixture, which is good, it made A LOT of muffins! :)  So I can take some to lunch and my parents won't feel like they're missing out on muffins haha!

INGREDIENTS
3 eggs
1 cup trim milk
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
100g melted butter (or 100mL oil) 
2 tablespoons poppyseeds
3 heaped teaspoons baking powder
1 cup white sugar
1 & 1/2 cups flour

METHOD
  • Preheat oven to 180 deg C
  • Sift flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl
  • Stir in sugar and poppyseeds
  • Quickly mix in milk, eggs, butter (oil), and lemon juice
  • Stir until just mixed - it is supposed to be very runny, so don't panic
  • Fill muffin pans 3/4 full - don't overfill
  • Bake until a toothpick poked into the centre of a muffin comes out clean (starting to go golden)

These muffins came out lovely!  I really like how moist they were, but alas, still not as lemony as the Starbucks ones that I have put up on a pedestal.  Hmm.  Maybe I will have to do what I've been trying to avoid, and put zest in it.  -_-

No comments:

Post a Comment