Ever since I can remember, my dad has made pancakes for breakfast at least once a month on a weekend. He is world famous amongst our family and friends for his pancake recipe. It's easy, quick, and simple - nothing fancy - but for some reason, he just makes the best.
We had pancakes this morning for breakfast, so I wrote down the recipe (for my own recipe book mostly) but decided I would share it, and some of our favourite toppings with you! :)
The quantities in this recipe makes enough for us to have about 6 small-medium pancakes. For a more substantial amount, double the quantities.
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
pinch of salt
1 and 1/4 cup milk
1 tsp oil
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together (or sieve)
- Add the egg, oil, and then the milk slowly.
- Whisk until smooth, adding more milk until you are happy with the batter consistency.
- Heat up a pan (low-medium heat) with a little oil in it, and ladle in some batter
- Wait until bubbles appear on the surface (a minute or two - see the picture - bubbles like that, but a few more)
- Flip and cook for a minute or two on the other side (until golden!)
- Serve and cover with your fave toppings and enjoy!
My personal favourite topping is simply maple syrup. My dad likes to add banana to his maple syrup, and today he tried maple syrup + blueberries. Delish! :) My mums favourite is lemon juice and a sprinkling of white sugar - tangy!
|Maple Syrup & Banana|
|Blueberries and Maple Syrup|